These large hooting fuzzy wise birds that soar over us during the night our so magnificent.
So, I wanted Today's fun fact to be about these wide-eyed creatures.
Name: Owls (Strigiformes)
Lifespan: Owls are known to live up to 25 years.
What do they eat: Owls eat various mammals
like rats, rabbits, etc. They also eat amphibians
even insects, other birds and fish at times.
Where do they live: Owls of different genus live in
a variety of habitats like coniferous forests,
mountain desert, and plains. The snowy owls live in the artic tundra in the northern hemisphere.
Internal cycle of activity and energy: Most species of Owls are nocturnal. THE BLAKISTON' FISH OWL
- There are about 200 species of 0wls.
- The Blakiston's Fish Owl is the rarest
and the most the endangered species.
- A group of Owls is called Parliament.
- Not all Owls’ hoots! Some chirp, whistle,
screech and make other voices.
- Barn owls have heart shaped faces.
- Owls have a 270-degree range of vision without
moving their bodies.
- Owls symbolized learning and knowledge as well as death and victory. BARN OWL
- The color of their eyes can tell you whether that bird prefers to hunt during the day or at night.
- Owls are silent when flying.
There is so much more to know about these mystical beauties.
You can read more about them on- https://www.owlpages.com/owls/#
Question of the Day - Which animal would you like to know more about? Comment down below and you may get a blog on it.
From one curious animal lover to another.
Stay tuned for more blogs! - Kie